Chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thincat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I got my chiller yesterday. Went to homeDepot and got what I needed for the install and hooked it up. I'm dropping a degree every 15 mins and the tank is at a nice 79 degrees now. I'm glad I did it. Now I can get a few cooler water fish.

What were your temps before? I am going to need one if/when I so salt because of the tanks location.

84-85 degrees at the end of the day.... To much evaperation with running fans. 5-6 gals a week min. I raised the temp back up to 80 degrees for a few days. No sense rushing to lower it to fast.

84-85 degrees at the end of the day.... To much evaperation with running fans. 5-6 gals a week min. I raised the temp back up to 80 degrees for a few days. No sense rushing to lower it to fast.
TC what size is the chiller and the size of your tank? I'm thinking of getting one for X-mas, this year was pretty mild but i did see my tank hit 83 with the mh's on a couple of times.

My best figure is ~84-85 gallons. I got a 1/10hp chiller from marine Depot. The day after I bought it the price dropped $20's. You know how that goes.;)

Thanks TC, I'm going to check out something for my 120. I hate when ($ lower the day after) that happens.

Thanks for sharing TC. Are they very expensive? Do you have a link to the one you got?

Back
Top Bottom