Chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

90gallon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have any suggestions on purchasing a chiller at a low price? It would be for a 90 gallon corner aquarium. Also, if anyone has suggestions on how to go about setting one up. Right now I have a wet/dry filter with only one sump. In that sump are 2 pumps for the skimmer and return back into the tank. Really not much room to add a pump for a chiller. I really hate to purchase a new filter. thanks in advance for the advice.......

How high does the temp in your tank get?

Right now heating is not so much of a problem since it is winter. Towards the end of summer the temperature was getting really close to 80 degrees. That was at mid afternoon so if I hadn't shut of my light it would have easily risen even higher. Right now I'm trying to figure out what I can do so that i'll be prepared once the warmer months are here again. Thanks in advance for all the comments

Some people like to use a fan to blow across the surface of the water.

I do have a lid on the aquarium so that it reduces the noise. During the day when no one is home I lift the portion of the lid where i feed the fish and leave that open. I don't think I would be able to use a fan to blow across the surface. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The lid is holding in the heat as well. Is this FW or SW?

I like to use a fan underneath my stand directed at my sump. During the day I will leave the front doors open at about a 45 degree angle to let the heat out. In the evening/night, when the heat subsides, I will turn the fan off.

I bet, if you remove the lid, you will get a more stable pH and lower temp, without having to buy a chiller. Two of my tanks don't have lids.

Anyone have any ideas on how i should go about setting up a chiller taking into consideration my post at the beginning?

Back
Top Bottom