Cichlid compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just put some time in on the computer

Some of the advice on here is very helpful and I appreciate everyone's kind suggestions but if there are so many issues with all the decisions I
make then is there any point in me having any fish at all? If the issues that some people are raising eg- moving fish to other tanks are right then why wouldn't the guy at the store tell me not to purchase these fish together???? I told him my tank specs and what fish I had, would he have lied to me????? If so then I will not buy anymore fish from any store as I do not have my own knowledge on this hobby and putting my faith and trust in a person who isn't honest is not what il be doing so if my tank don't work then il be taking all the fish back and selling an empty tank. I'm not very happy at all with all this indecisiveness.

If you only knew the mistakes I made!

I'm relatively new to the hobby, and I've made some mistakes - like thinking I could wish the Tiger Barbs I got not to be nippy, unfortuantely it didn't work - bloody love Tiger Barbs, so I'll probably set up a Tiger Barb tank at some point as I had to take them back. I also fell in love with a pair of Sajicas, which I bought and introduced to my tank with my long standing GBR's that where breeding, unfortuantely they female was injured by the male Sajica while guarding her nest and died - lost my favourite fish, gutted - back went the Sajicas.
I've found the hobby can be cruel and hard at times, but this is usually brought on by mistakes I've made, definately less is more in tropical fish. The happier the fish are, the better behaviour, colours, you will see and also less work will have to be done on your part. 10% water change for example isn't going to do it at your current stocking, Rams need super good quality water - buying Rams without having even a test kit suggests to me you are trying to run before you can walk, just take your time - as when your tank is fully stocked, that's it no more fish.

Back
Top Bottom