Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gnpleco

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking about adding some anubias and java ferns on driftwood with a blood parrot and a brittlenose pleco in my 55 gallon.

Niether should be "planted". Tied to decor, they should work with those fish.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I currently have a 26 gallon cycled, and thinking about adding juvenile bps, until there bigger, would it work with one female convict also?

I wouldn't keep a BP in a tank that size.

But would it temporarily be okay, i will upgrade after a year?! Is that too long? Can a female convict live with with a bp without harassing each other??? I've heard many yeses and nos

Ok thanks, I currently have a 26 gallon cycled, and thinking about adding juvenile bps, until there bigger, would it work with one female convict also?

Convicts are nasty fish. I wouldn't recommend it. Also, females lay eggs occasionally even without a male and guard them fiercely for a few days. Of course, they won't hatch, but she might kill some plecos while defending her eggs.

I do think that plecos will be fine in there for a while, but you will need excellent filtration as they are very waste-heavy. I recommend at least 250 gph of filtration.

Ok thanks, could I just move my bnp to the 55 then, I do water changes for both tanks 2 times a week 25%

What if the bnp was introduced to the tank before the convict an marked its territory, its 2x bigger than the convict( favorite fish)

I still don't think it would be a very good idea. Convicts are just nasty. Look awesome, I want to get one one day, but I don't recommend them in this situation.

Well a single convict doesn't deserve a 26 to itself, so I'll just add it to a solitary planted 10 gallon.

How many juvenile bps could I add for only 1 year in it and 2x 25% water changes per week

Back
Top Bottom