cj10488's 55gal Reef Tank !!!! 56K BEWARE !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

I figured it was a great day to take a few pictures and get this forum rolling.. Here is my 55g tank that has been up since Sept. 2003 To start off with I will tell a bit about my equiptment.. Almost all my Equiptment has been purchased from Darin @ Captivereefs.com

Lighting 2x250w Hamilton 14k bulbs along with 2x55w Hamilton actinics
Cooltouchlighting 2x250w ballast for MH and Fulham workhorse 5 PC ballast
CPR cs90 HOB overflow
CPR CS900 Wet/Dry Used as empty sump.
AquaC EV180 protein Skimmer with Mag7 pump
Mag 9.5 Return pump
Korralin 1502 Ca Reactor with M3 Regulator
Red Sea Wavemaker Pro powering 2x MaxiJet 1200 powerheads
10g fuge

I run my levels as follows
Temp 80.8
Sg 35ppt
pH 8.0 - 8.1
Alk 3.54
Ca 440
Nitrate 5
ammonia, nitrite 0
po4 0

Thanks for Looking,
James

Ok Now for the Livestock

Current inhabitants are

Scooter Blenny
Watchman Goby
2 A. Percula Clownfish
Regal Tang
Yellow Tailed Damsel
Royal Gramma
Tiger Tail Sea Cuke
Blue Legged Pistol Shrimp
4x 4.5" Super Select Corcea Clams

Corals,
Green Color Tip Acro Colony
Purple w/green polyp Acro Colony
Orange Montipora Capricornis
Purple M. Capricornis
Green/purple rim M. Capricornis
Tri Color Acro
Acropora Nana
Orange Montipora Digitada
Purple M. Digitada
Blastomussa
Large Bubble Coral
Purple Short Tenticle Plate
Rasberry Ricordia
Frogspawn
Green BTA
Rose BTA
Multiple Misc Zoos
a few misc unknown acro Frags

Thanks Kevin..

If I had a tripod i could get much better pictures but that is my steady had that gets these LOL.. I tried to get the best pictures that I possibly could but with the 1.3mp old camera its kinda hard... One of these days I will be getting a new one LOL..

Thanks Again,
James

Well my new Corals came in today... Here is a few shots of the ones that opened up already..

Assorted Marshal Island Acro

Green Birdsnest

Blue Acropora Tort

Nice frags!!! The tort looks great!! Can't wait t see the growth on the birds nest...looks like an ORA birds nest, was it on an ORA plug?

They were all ORA frags.. So yes the birdsnest was an ORA.. I cut the plugs off all of them.. The Green Digitata that came in was in 3 pieces but I look at it as they were all pretty good sizes LOL (Broke in shipping) I will have pics of the Scripts Green Stag and the Green digitada after they have opened up a bit...

a Tip of the Stag broke of in shipping as well as a tip of the tort.. I was able to save the stag tip but the Tort tip fell somewhere in the tank :( Ohwell they gave me 35.00 in credit as a sorry for them being a bit broke LOL.. Plus still the 10day gaurentee that they all survive LOL FWIW the Green digitata doesnt look like its going to be Green LOL.. But well see Lol

James

I usually get all my corals from Either Etropicals.com for frags or Liveaquaria.com for Colonies.. The colonies are awesome however not as hardy as the frags as the colonies come from the wild where as Etropicals.com frags are all ORA.. I have had a few issues with them but they have more than made up for them... I would highly recommend either place as they are both owned by the same company..

James

Well I was messing around taking some pictures of stuff today and came up with a real nice one of my Blue A. Tort.. So I just had to share... Its been in the tank since Wednesday Apr 7th 2004

Enjoy,
James

Thanks I hope it stays happy.. But from the looks of it unless I make some major disaster happen It should be just fine..

James

Well The bubble Coral is gone Unfortunetly however I picked up a Gold TearDrop Maxima as a trade for the Bubble Coral... I didnt get exactly what I wanted for the Bubble but I had to get rid of it as it was extremely too big for my tank... Here is a picture of the New TearDrop that I got Today.. Its Pretty small But they wouldnt let me get the larger one that they had there for a straight across trade..

I will have another pic later when it opens up a bit more.. Its only been in the tank maybe 45mins as of this picture..

James

Back
Top Bottom