Cladophora - Positives and Negatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Was looking up the exact spelling on this, then stumbled across this article which I found to be interesting and thought I would share.

I actually like my Cladophora in my shrimp tanks and had to remove some last week which got me thinking about it more.

Like the Marimo Moss balls and so on.

I think that it shows how the Moss balls, the preferred Clado in the planted tank, is very beneficial to tiny fry and little newly hatched shrimp.

Cladophora algae: Too much of a good thing? | USGS Great Lakes Science

Also as a side, it was mentioned by Jarrod in a thread about the Walstead book mentions that Algae can grow in .03 Phosphate but not .02 ppm.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/surprising-things-i-learned-340363.html#post3271151

Thoughts about algae anyone? lol

Interesting how one exotic species (zebra mussel) can pave the way for another. Definitely a shift in the ecology.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That was very interesting too! I like using unusual ways to do something.

There was a little bridge of Clado from a rock to the DW and I removed it finally when it broke. I miss my bridge of Clado in my little fish tank I ended up saving it because of that article and it is in a cup out side, I will change it to a bowl vase thing tomorrow so it can get more sun. It seemed so healthy and the shrimp like to pick it! I didn't know how much it was helping clean the water and feed my shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom