Cleaner Shrimp Baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LouieB

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 3 months ago my cleaner shrimp had baby's. I fond these guys last night swimming around after the lights went out. They hide in the day between the cracks below the LR and Pvc pipe supports. Do these look like skunk cleaner shrimp? They seem to be surviving on there own for the past couple of months. Thanks . Lou

Attachments

• aa_dscn0830_853.jpg
    aa_dscn0830_853.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 525
Sure looks like it could be, which is cool. They very rarely make it to that size!

Check this site out, there is a picture at the bottom under the Larvae section that shows a shrimp larvae.

Did you remove them from the tank? They might have a better chance of survival if you do.

Wow, if they are cleaner shrimp and have made it for the last 3 months they are very close to there final molt :D

Looks like they could easily be shrimp larvae but not sure if they are cleaner shrimp.

Photo of larvae & another article on them.

Keep us up to date if you could on this...my pepermint shrimp had babies but they got eaten before I could do anytning about it....I'm hoping to have them do it again and see if I can get some to live!

I don't know...those don't look like the mysis I have in my fuge and tank....but that really isn't a good close up of them either....

Back
Top Bottom