Cleaner shrimp wants to clean!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have a 29g tank with lots of live rock, live sand, some various zoanthids, green star polyps, and a small micromussa.

I have two ocellaris clowns, a six line wrasse, a hermit and snail CUC, and a lovely cleaner shrimp.

The clownfish and wrasse refuse to let my cleaner clean them, so the little guy loves to climb on my hand at feeding time and pick at my skin.

I wanted to know if there is a fish I can get that would be suitable for a 29, and that would let my shrimp clean them?

I completely understand if the bioload would just be too much if I added one more fish, but I was thinking of a firefish of some sort, most likely the exquisite one; I just don't know if it would let my shrimp do his job?

It should be noted that I am also looking to get a Pom Pom crab and one or two porcelain or anemone crabs.

I really am looking to get one more fish in my tank and would like opinions on what I should/ shouldn't get.

Nope. Really only larger fish are usually down for cleanings. But honestly it is really up to the fish if it will let the shrimp clean, can't really make the fish ok with being felt up by the shrimp. Stick your hand in and let him go to town on you, that'll make it happy :)

Nope. Really only larger fish are usually down for cleanings. But honestly it is really up to the fish if it will let the shrimp clean, can't really make the fish ok with being felt up by the shrimp. Stick your hand in and let him go to town on you, that'll make it happy :)

Okay that's what he's been doing and it does make him overjoyed! Thank you so much for your input, I'll keep doing what I'm doing until I can get a much larger tank.

On a side note, are you against adding another fish to the mix? I would get a small one, potentially a firefish goby or something around that size range (i am looking for some color without the fish being a danger to my other animals) and I just want to do the right thing; so if adding another fish is a big no-no I'll leave the idea for when I get a bigger system. I've had freshwater fish for years but I've only had this tank for a few months now, so I'm fairly new to actually having a saltwater tank vs researching about it.

You could do another fish. A firefish would be fine just make sure you have a lid

Back
Top Bottom