cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emilygupps

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does it hurt if the cleaner shrimp get you? I would imagine it's a great exfoliating experience haha :D

In our fw 100 gallon I get nipped by the goroumi and barbs every time my hand goes in the tank for maintenance, so I get to look forward to salty bites to soon .... Yay

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If I stick my bare hand in my tank, which I don't do often, my clown will come out of nowhere, grab the fleshy part between the fingers, and shake back-and-forth like a little freakin' shark!! Doesn't really hurt, but you sure can feel it. The first time he did it, it scared the CRAP out of me, and I almost knocked my tank over from jerking my hand back so fast....
If I have rubber gloves on, he pays my hands no mind whatsoever.

My cleaners come to my hands often, usually when I'm feeding my nems, they pick, pluck, or whatever it is they do, it's actually quite cute, and doesn't hurt a bit. Coral banded however, different story lol

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My serpent star will come out for a feel when I'm cleaning the inside of my glass.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My cleaner always does this to me, doesn't hurt at all. It's a funny feeling though! Based on what little research I did, this behavior is natural - they do this instinctively to fish, that's why they're "cleaners".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom