Cleaner Wrasse??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never kept one myself but everything I've read says they are extremely difficult to keep. They need to be in large systems with plenty of fish to clean as well as supplemental feedings of feeder shrimps. So, my opinion would be, I'd skip it. Cleaner shrimps are a better options.

One of my good buddies with a 150 has one. His total fish are two banded sharks, still pretty small only about 12 inches long, a large blue tang, a kole eye tang, the largest cinammen clown i've ever seen and about ten assorted damsels that are rather large themselves. But that cleaner wrasse goes nuts taking care of the other fish. Oh, Yeah when he got blue tang it had lateral line disease from the previous owner neglecting it. That was about two months ago and with proper nutrition and that cleaner wrasse picking at him you cant even tell it had a problem. But like before a large system with lots of fish is almost a must with food supliments. Just like a mandarin with an ample supply of rocks and pods.

I personally wouldn't try keeping one.

Keep them in the ocean where they do they're jib unless like they said, you have a big tank and all that.

I would also opt for a pair of neon gobys or a cleaner shrimp. The wrasses are great fish and excell at what they do, however you need several large fish such as batfish and some of the larger tangs available.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom