Clear balls showing up in aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L_Hancock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been keeping a 10 gallon aquarium since last fall, and this week clear balls about 1/2-3/4" around started showing up. One day there was one, then four, and today there are about eight. I picked one of them up, and it's not slimy, and it feels somewhat solid (I didn't try to squash it, though).

I have a big snail (and tons of little ones), ghost shrimp (some carrying eggs), a paradise fish, two zebra danios (one of them is gravid), a platy, and a paradise fish in there. Any ideas? I've been doing bi-weekly cleaning by changing 1/3 of the water (replacing with RO), and vacuuming the gravel ... I'm guessing they're not eggs, since they're so big in comparison to the fish I have??? If not eggs, though, what are they?

(please see the attached picture ... I moved them to a separate container with an air pump in case they were for some reason either a danger to the fish in the aquarium, or in case they were in danger from the other fish.)

Thanks for your help in solving this mystery!

Back
Top Bottom