Close to over stocking or am I good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 75g reef that's been running for two years. I have a variety of snails, and a few hermit crabs. My current stock is:

2x black clowns
1x sixline
1x purple firefish
1x Orange firefish

I want to add 2 cleaner shrimp, a porcelain crab, and more hermits later on.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide if I would okay adding a few more fish, like a Midas goby or a few baggy cardinal.

Stats are:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate undectable or just super low on my API master liquid test kit. (I use a reactor to keep this as low as possible)
Ph 8.3

And I'm trying to add that in less than a week. Hah man am I screwed.

Lol, yeah I've taken to stocking my take super slow, cause it's a reef. I'm always on the edge, can I add one more fish or no. I'm also trying to keep my stocking light cause it's just easier to Marian migraines that way

How long have you had the tank? It seems like you have some room in there.

This is it's second year actually. I've been very skittish about adding new fish, though I am on the look out for something a bit bigger then my current stock like a Midas or canary blenny, cause my purple fire fish (of all thing [emoji19]) is a bully to my orange one, and I've tried everything to get it to stop, I mean it's not so bad that my orange firefish has stopped eating or anything, but my purple like to chase it. I'm thinking if I find something a bit bigger, it won't think it's the top dog anymore.

But anyway, I'm like the worst when it comes to stocking, like freshwater, I'm good but saltwater... I always go light.

This is it's second year actually. I've been very skittish about adding new fish, though I am on the look out for something a bit bigger then my current stock like a Midas or canary blenny, cause my purple fire fish (of all thing [emoji19]) is a bully to my orange one, and I've tried everything to get it to stop, I mean it's not so bad that my orange firefish has stopped eating or anything, but my purple like to chase it. I'm thinking if I find something a bit bigger, it won't think it's the top dog anymore.

But anyway, I'm like the worst when it comes to stocking, like freshwater, I'm good but saltwater... I always go light.

Firefish are fairly territorial, from my understanding you need to go big or go home with them. Either a small school or a single one will work best.

Firefish are fairly territorial, from my understanding you need to go big or go home with them. Either a small school or a single one will work best.

Right, I think I'm just gonna invest in a fish trap and see if I can't catch one, then just trade it into the store for credit

Back
Top Bottom