Cloudy betta tank, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

countryfan05

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay I have two- 2 1/2 gallon betta tanks set up the same. Spectra stone natural gravel, a cave, a dwarf lily and a glass rock. I have had them for a year or so. I clean them the same way, dump everything, wash it off a little and put it back in. I add water, water conditioner and the fish. I have done this for forever, no problems. Recently I added another dwarf lily to each tank to add to the first. Then I cleaned. The tank on the right crystal clear. THe tank on the left clouded up in two days, I cleaned it and two days later cloudy again (I left the live plant out to see if that was it and it is still cloudy). What is happening. They share the same light source a lamp with a 25w bulb and are not near a window. What do I do? Thanks

Dontcha just love mysteries??? LOL. The obvious would be to say the plant is the source, but perhaps something was on the plant that ccontributed. These lilies...are they the terrestrial plant you keep the roots in the water? If so, there may have been some type of phosphate feritlizer residue on the roots. Test the water for phosphate. A phosphate induced cloudiness is an algae bloom. There are water clarifiers for this such as...

http://www.virbacpets.com/mardel/product.php?pid=164&PHPSESSID=58b32698c1a8edf8d68216a7489585d4

This stuff has always worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom