Cloudy/ dark water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I put a piece of driftwood in my tank and it seems like a week later the tank is not as bright could it be the tannins or could it be the light going out? I had the lights in for about 5-7 months

It could be either, but it is probably the driftwood. I'd try doing a big water change. It could be tannins from the driftwood, or it could be bacteria. Is your tank brown or tan in color, or white?

So I put a piece of driftwood in my tank and it seems like a week later the tank is not as bright could it be the tannins or could it be the light going out? I had the lights in for about 5-7 months

If it's brown somewhat like tea then it is the driftwood. I keep driftwood in one of my tanks and it can be an eyesore for some people but it won't kill your fish lol. My fish seem to enjoy swimming around it all the time but if it's really bothering you than change your water gradually. You can also take the driftwood out and boil in water to get the tannins out.

Back
Top Bottom