Cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildone

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my 2nd tank has been up for 2-1/2 months, 55 gal, 2 whisper 60 filters, temp 78-80 ph 6.6, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10. 2 bristle nose, 1 rainbow shark, 2 gourami's, 2 pictus and 6 ghost shrimp. 7 live plants. Been cloudy for 1-1/2 now.....wc, 15-20% every 4 days, with use of stress coat(api). Need help to figure out why it's cloudy?:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Guessing you've got gravel/substrate in the tank? Have you tried giving that a clean and seeing if it helps?
It could also be a bacterial bloom, but it seems as though your tank is cycled properly, so I don't see why that would be happening...

You could also try adding a little more water conditioner, it may help clear it up. Not a full dose, maybe a 1/4-1/2 dose as normal.

Yes I do have gravel, about 1-1/2 inches, only feed blood worms 1x a day, which is gone in seconds. I'll try to up the conditioner, should I get some clear water treatment? a week or so ago I did put some polishing pads next to my sponge pads in the filters, looked at them 3 days ago and yikes!!!!! They look like I rubbed them in dirt.

Haha they can go like that fairly quickly. So long as the flow coming out of your filter is still good, then you're fine.

I know I used to have some cheap poly pads which would shoot out a load of fine pieces of floss in to the water making it look cloudy, could be that (although it cleared up in like a day for me). Try the conditioner and see where you get, don't bother with clear water treatment things. Most people on here are against using chemicals.

If you have a canister filter, you could get some Purigen for it.

Flow is good, makes little bubbles in the water still, so frustrated, with the lights off it looks better and then I kinda like it. Lol

No canister, just hanging filters, should I do 10%wc every day with a 20-30% on the 3 change?

I'm wondering since you feed only bloodworms (which is not good) is why your water is cloudy... It's a fairly messy food.

Sorry, every 2-3 days I feed 1 brick of brine shrimp, and very little flake food, when I do feed blood worms it also is just 1 brick. But they eat it all with in 30 sec, to a minute at the most.also I have a small piece of Malaysian drift wood, was put in a week ago, boiled it for 4 days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom