Cloudy Water 4 Months in!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziuck

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I woke up Sunday morning and my water was cloudy. White/Milky color, I did a 50% water change and it was clear for a couple hours. Then got cloudy again.

I did a ammonia cycle back in May and all went well. I do weekly 50% water changes half RO half tap(treated w/ prime.) My water has been crystal clear since day one.

I feed once a day rotate between Omega Color Flake, freeze dried blood worms and tetra min flake. Food never makes it to the bottom and is gone within about 1 minute or so. I do drop 2 small wafers for the cory's and those are gone with in an hour or less.

46 Gal Bowfront
XP3
DIY CO2
Current USA 96Watt (50/50)
ETH 300watt inline heater
Medium Planted
40lbs Eco-complete topped with 25lbs gravel

Lights M-F 3pm - 10pm
Lights S-S 12-10pm

Nitrates 5-10
Nitrites 0
Ammonia 0
PH 7.2
GH 1-2
KH 11-12
Temp 77*

Fish
4 Rosy Barbs
9 Zebra Danios
4 Dwarf Platies
2 3-spot Gouramis
1 Paradise Gouramis
3 OTO's
4 Emerald Cory's

Filter Media
the standard XP3 sponges in the lower container (rinsed every couple weeks), ceramic rings in the middle. full filter floss in the 3rd (replaced every couple weeks.)

Nothing has changed in the tank for the last couple months. Only have been pruning the plants and doing water changes.

Sounds like a bacteria bloom to me, I'm not 100% sure but if you leave the tank alone and not feed the fish for a day or two it should clear up on it's own...

Back
Top Bottom