Cloudy Water....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobishu

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20g, and the water just will not clear up. All test are in the clear, pwc twice a week, bi-weekly filter cartridge changes, ph 7.5. Temp 78f. It's been like this for 6 months. I've tried products, I've tried 75% wc, gravel vacuums, cleaned all decor, and removed stock. Please help???

It might be the bi weekly filter cartridge change, because lots of bb live on your filter cartridge and when you keep changing it the bb are lost and they bloom again clouding your water, its better to just rinse your filter in tank water after a pwc every 2 weeks at least that's what I do but wait for an experts opinion :)

I've thought about that, I only change them that much cause its recommended to do so on the box, my filter is a penguin biowheel 200. So I figured with the biowheel my bacteria would be all good. Or its what I thought atleast.

I think HOB's with biowheels acquire more bb in the filters than on the wheels themselves.
I dont have any proof of this i just think biowheels dont offer enough surface area.
Also, they tell you to replace filter cartridges so you'll keep buying them. Imo

Don't replace the filter cartridges unless they are falling apart. once or twice a month get a bucket with some tank water and swoosh them around a little and put then back in.

Back
Top Bottom