Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone Im having trouble with cloudy water... I have two Qs..... How to get rid of it and what is it coming from

How long have you had them up and running? Its just probably a bacterial bloom. Its natural and will clear up.

boadams87 said:
How long have you had them up and running? Its just probably a bacterial bloom. Its natural and will clear up.

I have had the tank cycling 4 a week and when I was about to put the fish in I realized Tht the water looked cloudy

+1 boadams87. Lots of water changes. Both of my tanks got cloudy water while cycling, both cleared up. Another tank I have got cloudy water after it had been running about 3 months, did an online search & found out it can be caused by not vacuuming the substrate well enough. I started vacuuming better & it cleared up. All 3 tanks have remained clear . . . so far. I do at least a 50% water change on each tank, 2 are still fish in cycling so their water changes are at least every other day, the 3rd tank is cycled & gets a weekly water change.

I have had the tank cycling 4 a week and when I was about to put the fish in I realized Tht the water looked cloudy

The cycling tank is MUCH more dangerous to your fish than the cloudy water. The cloudy water is common & will clear up with regular water changes. How big is your tank? Do have the water test kit? You know that if you add fish you will need to test your water daily for ammonia, nitrites & nitrates and FREQUENT water changes will be required in order to keep your fish alive.

shellieca said:
The cycling tank is MUCH more dangerous to your fish than the cloudy water. The cloudy water is common & will clear up with regular water changes. How big is your tank? Do have the water test kit? You know that if you add fish you will need to test your water daily for ammonia, nitrites & nitrates and FREQUENT water changes will be required in order to keep your fish alive.

It's 25 gallons

Back
Top Bottom