cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember stability is more important. Once your salinity starts to swing up and down, down and up... That's when things can happen. Not good things.

He said it was 1.030 and I was getting 1.026 so I got it, down to 1.022 on my hydrometer so it should actually be 1.026

He said it was 1.030 and I was getting 1.026 so I got it, down to 1.022 on my hydrometer so it should actually be 1.026

I'd get another one if you can't get a refractometer. Then compare the two you own and see what you get. IMSO right now your playing the guessing game between to pieces of equipment that are known for there inaccuracies

Imo I would trust the guy with the refractometer. It would be good to invest in one yourself. I may take my own advise on that one. My hydrometer seem to be almost the same as what they get at aquatic critter. I believe mine reads 1 lower than what they get on the refractometer.

I can get one for $23 or one with a 3.6ml vial of 35ppt salinity solution for $29 should I spend the extra 6 bucks or does distilled water calibrate it good enough

Yeah I'm assuming a salinity solution would give you more accurate calibration I'm just wondering what the difference would be between distilled calibration and solution calibration

Back
Top Bottom