cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My water is a little cloudy, not really cloudy but you can see stuff floating. One and only thing I have against this filter is the intake tube doesn't sit down on the impeller right. And I knocked it off last night and I thought I had it back on right but I didn't it was still working just maybe not as well. My hermits and snails are doing a good job of stirring crap up. If you recall my sand and rock was used and dry so I'll have to deal with that for a while. Anyways if you unplug the filter pull the tube out and put it back and plug it in and while it is siphoning back up force the tube down it creates a suction I'm guessing and pulls it the rest of the way down. All it is is the rubber ends on the impeller doesn't go all the way in the holes

The intake tube clips into place on all the Hob filters I have experience with. It may just fit tight.

No this one you set the impeller down in the hole and then the tube goes over top it. It doesn't clip just slide down in a hole and it has kinda a screen with a center hole for the top of the impeller rod

No this one you set the impeller down in the hole and then the tube goes over top it. It doesn't clip just slide down in a hole and it has kinda a screen with a center hike for the top of the impeller rod

Try putting the impeller rod into the intake tube before you seat it in the filter.

I figured it out though so its all good. get what you pay for lol. But it does a awesome job. The skimmer skins crap off the surface and they include 2 extensions I have the shorter one on and its about 6 inches from the sand. With both it was too long. but it is somewhat noisy but tolerable

Also another thing I like is there is a rod you can move up and down to adjust how much water the skimmer sucks in I keep it wide open and there is like a ball valve on the top of the intake tube to adjust how much flow you want

As long as it gets the job done, you can upgrade in the future when its feasible.

As long as it gets the job done, you can upgrade in the future when its feasible.

Don't know if I want to upgrade. The minor issues don't out weigh how well this thing filters I just like the skimmer lol. You should have seen how dirty the filters were lol. But I read some reviews where they didn't keep filters clean and it overflowed

Don't know if I want to upgrade. The minor issues don't out weigh how well this thing filters I just like the skimmer lol. You should have seen how dirty the filters were lol. But I read some reviews where they didn't keep filters clean and it overflowed

That's a good reason to keep up with maintenance. Lol, don't need a flood!

well I will probably head up to AC tomorrow and buy the kh and calcium tests and reef code a and b. Found a yellow looking worm crawling across my sand kinda had a stripe going down its back. That's something new to me. That and my wife has a sick fish. It acts fine except its keeping the top fin up and it looks almost like a hole or wound of some sort on its head. I thought it was flaking skin but now I don't know

Those 4 things are good things to pick up. For the worm, try to snap a picture next time so we can try to figure out what it is. Sorry about your wifes sick fish. I doubt its a water quality issue as your pretty diligent about keeping it clean.

I don't know about guppies, you should start a thread in fresh water sick fish.
Almost looks like hole in head disease. Hard to see in that pic.

My water is cloudy again :-(
Ok I took advice from another thread and rinsed my filters under tap water and put back in that was two days ago now my water is cloudy.
Ammonia 0
NitrIte 0
NitrAte 10-20
Ph 8
Temp 79
Salt 1.025

Here's a pic its worse than what the camera shows though

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130206_181402.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130206_181402.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 90
Back