Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For some reason when I clean my tank the water gets clear but after a couple of days the water tends to get a bit cloudy again??? What can cause this ... Tanks is cycled...

Could be random bacterial blooms. Mine seem to do the same thing and that is all I can really think it could be.

Happens to me when I changed over 50% water or Hoover most of the gravel. It's bacteria settling again.

I wouldn't bother with anything less than a 50% water change weekly. It's better for your fish and your system as a whole. Large water changes remove large amounts of toxins. It sounds more like an odd bacterial bloom. Also how old is your system. They tend to happen in more immature systems.

That's how I feel... I like doing at least 50 percent wc... My tank was up for three years almost but I've recently relocated the tank and did very close to a 95 percent water change.. Tank is still cycled bc I kept all the gravel and the fluval is still running

When you add lots of fresh water you add new organic compounds that bring more heterotrophic bacteria. Some become detached from the surface and float around the water column to consume the new organics. There are 2 dangers to this. 1) the bacteria consume lots of oxygen during a bloom which could affect the fish and 2) the bacteria consume the organics in the water creating an ammonia spike although very small.

It will settle in a few days.

I had a weird thought that maybe just maybe my fluval might not be working up to par... I feel as if the water pressure coming out the "out" nozzle is more enough... And if my fluval is not working it's best probably the water is not being filter at its best....

Back
Top Bottom