Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bepurdy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do can I clear up my water it's a milky white

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1434478544029.jpg
    1434478544029.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 53
How old is the tank? Mine was like that and with a bunch of advice through here I was able to clear it up with water changes and not adding any of the "recommended" chemicals. Took about 2 weeks before I noticed a difference. Hope this helps!

Just recently got moved to a new home it never had the problem before the move. Could that be part of it?

Not an expert at all but maybe its going through cycling again? Are your water levels good? My suggestion would be to do around 25% water changes twice a week and keep an eye on your water lvls. Maybe test after every change to make sure they are stable and hopefully after it cycles through it should clear up. I learned that a cloudy tank is not necessarily deadly just looks bad. Again hope my little knowledge of the situation helps.

Thank you

Did you recycle the tank after the move, or were you able to keep your filter material and bacteria active? Generally in a short move one can do that, but in a long distance move you would probably have to begin again as if it were a new set up. Lots of water changes should help.

I was able to keep the filter media in tank water as well as most of the substrate. And for the first week it wasn't cloudy but now it is

Back
Top Bottom