Clown and anemone really like each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefmaster

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a rose anemone and after i acclimated it (took about 45 min.)and put it in tank half an hour later, my gold stripe maroon clownfish is rubbing in its tenticles. He cant actually get in it becasue its still kinda curled up, but im suprised how fast he hosted it.

Last anemone it took him about a week to get hosted. It was a green carpet.

i had a saddle back clown that i bougt a rose anenome for and as soon as i put it in the tank he was all over it. infact he liked it so much he never came out not even to eat and eventully he died :cry:

It took my clowns about a week or so to host in their sebae anemone I bought them. They would stare at it thinking... "what the heck is this weird looking thing" but eventually they caught on and were all over the thing.

I have had a rose anemone for a week now and the clown still did not host in it. It has been only a short time so I am hoping he will take to it soon. Reefmaster do you have any pics of youre?

First off..the anemone is considered the "host", not the clown :wink:
Whether or not a clown and anemone for a sybiotic relationship in a captive system is really a matter of chance. Clowns generally do not have the same dangers in a home awuarium that they do in the wild. There is less need to search out a host for protection. Just give it some time, it may happen, it may not.

My gold stripe maroon has not expressed any interest whatsoever in my green carpet since it's introduction 6 months ago. I'm not overly concerned, as I didn't purchase either one for that particular reason.

pics

ill try to post a pic when i can for you vipv. Its pretty big, bigger then i thought. about 5-6 inches across. you cant miss it in my 30 gallon tank, hehe.

Back
Top Bottom