Clown Loach - ICH!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcus1988

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Guys/gals, Our new 35litre aquarium has recently suffered a bout of the horrible ICH (white spot) parasite. I have treated the water with the correct medicines, increased the water temp. to 28/29cel. Changed water and vaccum the gravel twice. Most of the fish (one molly, two guppys, 4 neon tetra) are behaving fine, eating, breathing normally and have shown improvment in the amount of white spots on their bodies.
BUT we have one clown loach that has not improved, he/she has gotten worse by the day, is covered in spots... hides behind an ornament for 90% of the day... float about on its side... very sad :(
My question is.. Has our poor clown Loach had it? Will it get better? I've done everything I can to help the poor fella, but hes not improved like the others. I've read that if he died in the tank the parasite would become 'mobile' in the tank and will spread to the other fish again. (The loach was the first to catch it)

Shall I quarantine the fish? I dont like seeing the poor thing suffer and I'm bordering on putting him out of his missery... but thats the last thing I want to have to do!!! We love our fish, but seeing their health decrease like this is very upsetting!

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO?? WILL HE GET BETTER OR IS IT NEARING THE END??

Your help will be appretiated

Back
Top Bottom