clown loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, I did a lot of research before I bought my loaches. I really love them, as they have such strong and distinct personalities. I have 5 in a
60X18X19 tank. I have a FEW misc. fish in with them, platties, tetras, etc.
My loaches are now about 2", and my question is........
they say they grow very slow, how slow is slow?? My old plecos were at 12" within 3 years, will they grow this fast?? I'm just curious, and yes, I know how big they get. And no, the plecos are not in the same tank, I sold them.

My clowns grew to 3-inches in about a year in my 72 gallon tank, then took another 7 years or so to grow out to 7-inches...

Thats quite a bit slower than plecos.How many do you have and are they still in the 72?
How many inches tall are they? Thanks.

it has taken one of mine 7 months to get to 3 1/2" fron when i bought him at 3". The rest of them are around 2-3", varies from loach to loach (i have 7 in a 55g right now)

The largest is about 1 1/2" tall (not including the dorsal fin)

I sold mine when I went planted, because they would inadvertently destroy things :(

Here are a couple of shots that I have shared on this board before:

DSC06218.JPG

DSC06166.JPG

IME they seem to grow to a certain size quickly (in my case 3-inches or so) and then go very slow from there...

HTH

hsherman1986- do you plan on moving them to a larger tank down the road?? I wan't sure if I would have to in a few years or not! what other kinds of fish are in with them??
I appreciate the input. Never hurts to have other's opinions!! Thanks.
to dapellgrini- Thanks for the pic's and the input, they are quite an eyeful!!

oh absolutly. My husband and I are reasearching what we need to do to build our own larger tank and stand. I know I have time before they need more space, and it will be within the next two years that we will build their new tank.

I have them in with 2 dojos, 1 rubberlip pleco, 5 tiger barbs, and I am about to add a couple firemouth cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom