clown pairing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
bulb blew in my bhiocube so im headin to the lfs today. I wanted to get another clown for mine too. can I have them two in there with my chromis? or should i remove him? Also i have a false perc in there. do I have to get another false for them to pair? or will a trueperc pair with it? i know clarkis, tomatos etc wont work because they look so different but these two are very close

Same fish is probably best, but you never know. purchase one of the smaller ones, but it's best if you plant them in the tank at the same time. but it's nature so it really depends on what she wants

I don't think the type really matters. What will matter is size. Either get one that is a lot bigger or a lot smaller than your current one. The larger fish will become dominant. If your current one is already larger then I too would suggest a smaller one.

great thanks. I also have a tomato clown in another tank. id like to get it a mate. how do i sex them or are they the same as percs and O

That I don't know. I think they are the same (bigger becomes the female) but could be wrong.

the most dominant will become the female.In your case I would just get smaller clowns as you have one in each tank already,but I would move some rockwork about a bit.I seen people have their new clowns put into a breeder in the same tank just to help with aggression from the original clown.

Back
Top Bottom