Clown Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
An LFS near me has one of these for 30 bucks - are they are hard to keep as everything reads?

I have heard as the Clown Tang gets bigger, it gets pretty aggressive. It took a lot of resistance for me not to get one. I have read they can be difficult to keep as well.

What do you have in your tank currently? If you already have a Tang, I wouldn't get it. Even though it is a great price, it will bully tank members.

Mike

They are a hard if you do not have the proper environment for them. Just like the achilles tang. Were you considering it for your 75 gallon that already has the Lavender tang? if so, that is not a good idea.

It is unfortunate that this most unusual looking fish has a reputation for being hard to keep in captivity! They also get rather large, reaching 11 inches (28 cm) as adults. They also have a reputation for being quarrelsome with each other and other fish. The Clown Tang, Lined Tang, or Blue-lined Surgeonfish can be aggressive and territoriol so only keep one per aquarium!

copied from:http://www.exotictropicals.com/encyclo/marine/tangs/ClownTang.php

well we are setting up a 120 gallon marine fish only tank here in our office. It is currently cycling with 80 pds of live rock so the clown would be in my 75 with the lavender for about 2 weeks till this tank is ready. If I get it I was going to put it in qt for about that time so hopefully it would never be in the reef with the lavender. If they are said to be as hard at the arcielles than forget it!

If they are said to be as hard at the arcielles than forget it!
It's a 50/50 shot like the Achilles Tang. They are very attractive fish, Kind of like the Clown Trigger...he is awesome looking, but limits your species quite a bit.

Mike

would be in my 75 with the lavender for about 2 weeks

One of them wouldnt last that long...If you are going to get it for the office tank, set up a quarantine tank for it until the big tank is ready.

Back
Top Bottom