Clownfish Acting Weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

euro_Boy_To

Aquarium Advice Regular
My clownfish just froze twice in a row and started shaking,
anybody ever seen this before? also he sometimes acts like he is hitting something but there s nothing in the way.

Could this mean he might have been caught by cyanide? The store said he's from the ocean but not how he was caught.

Sounds territorial to me. Have you noticed other fish in the area when he's doing this? Sounds like he's found a spot and is sending warnings to the others. My clowns behave this way while protecting their anemones.

he just did it while looking at me in the middle of the tank.. there is only a lawnmower blenny in there with him and I don't think the blenny was close..

I forgot to mention, when he was shaking he was leaning to a side quite a lot..

he's never done it before but he is acting pretty crazy since I'm not feeding him as often as before..

he charged at my hand pretty badly today when I was doing some maintenance... he's insanely hungry now.. I gave in and fed him a bit.. I'll get him adjusted to every other day slowly..

I just did a water test and everything is normal, all levels at 0, Ph 8.0 sg 1.023

My clowns do this too. It sounds like the same movement bent and twitching. I call it the jitterbug. Do you have just one clown? Mine do it at each other. I thought it was some kind of mating thing

Yep just one clown.. some weird behaviour.. it definitely seems to be something to do with territory..

Maybe he thinks I own the other part of the aquarium because he rarely goes there, he did it just on the border line and stopped a few times from entering as if he is hitting something, and lately he's going there more than ever trying to explore that part.

Well at least there is nothing wrong with him:)

Back
Top Bottom