clownfish hiding wont move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logixhunter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
so i just got some clownfish.... 2 to be exact... i acclimiated them and they wont swim anyway... they just hide in shade :/ .... bad acclimation? or is this natural?

Ours did the same thing for a couple days. Now anytime I walk by they think it's feeing time. Or when I pull my phone out to take pics they swim in front. Should be ok. The first day out black was on the sand not doing anything when I turned the lights on. Few minutes later he was good. Just hadn't had his "coffee" yet.

hahhaha the bigger one... is pushing the smaller one out of the cave when it trys to venture out more...

My pair did that too...they hid at the top by the heater for a few days. Now they are the last to "go to bed" at night and the first one out in the morning. And they always come to the glass when I walk by :)

How long has your tank been completely cycled? Putting to fish in a newly cycled tank can cause problems with the bioload.

Back
Top Bottom