CO2 and plants question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I have a 10 gallon with anarcharis, java fern and anubia one side has a good amount of anarcharis on one side and 2 java ferns and 1 anubia with a piece of driftwood I have 3 corys for algae and do a good job of cleaning I keep it on for about 8 hours then run a bubbler
Will I need a CO2 injector or is this fine?

You mean a bubbler in the sense that it bubbles air out right? Cuz if so, it would completely defeat the purpose of CO2 because the CO2 will mostly get lost to the surface. that and your plants are not the most demanding. You should be fine.

You should be fine unless you have a lot of light.
FYI, Cories don't eat algae.

Oh okay good and well the light are two bulbs 6500kelvin each for 8 hours
Really? I've read to feed the algae wafers they go crazy and cleaned up my tank before I had the wafers

Fishandmusic81 said:
Oh okay good and well the light are two bulbs 6500kelvin each for 8 hours
Really? I've read to feed the algae wafers they go crazy and cleaned up my tank before I had the wafers

Yeah corys will scavenge anything in the bottom and they do love them some algae wafers. But algae wafers and algae in your tank aren't exactly the same. Corys will mostly clean up and left over food they can find on the bottom.

how about the watt of lighting? for these plants, they do not need any co2 unless you want them to grow faster.

Back
Top Bottom