CO2 Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeMomma

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is probably a dumb idea for reasons that I cannot figure out, so plase try not to flame me too bad :)

OK, why can't you maintain CO2 levels simply by using club soda (plain water with CO2 in it for soda) sometimes when you top off or pouring a little in daily, and testing to see how much you need to add how often?

One problem I see is solubility. In my 72 gal planted I would have to add tons constantly. It isn't like fertilizer. Plants need it throughout the day, not all at once.

good point. What about a drip setup, like kalkwasser (of course, then you may as well go for yeast but what the hey, right?)

i don't know what kalkwasser is, but a drip setup wouldn't provide enough concentration for it to be worth while. it'd have to be a steady stream to make a difference, but there is no savings there. club sode sounds too expensive compared to a DIY yeast setup and that's pretty much the whole point...

Back
Top Bottom