CO2 in a Fluval Spec V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaylNeko

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm setting up a planted Spec V. In researching the best place to run your CO2 due to the lid design, the only place I saw suggested was under the filter media right beside the pump. I set it there last night. I see micro bubbles in the water following the water flow, so it looks like the pump is taking it up and sending it through the outflow like I want. My main question is I read something about CO2 affecting the BB. Is that a major concern? The tank isn't cycled yet, haven't even started-- been waiting for a few things and figure I don't need a cycled tank to start planting-- so I obviously have time to move it if necessary. I don't know where I would, though. The top is not conducive to having things in the display area lol.

The pic shows the red dot where the diffuser is currently placed for those who like visuals. The pump is literally right beside it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200517-183510_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200517-183510_Chrome~2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 42
I'm setting up a planted Spec V. In researching the best place to run your CO2 due to the lid design, the only place I saw suggested was under the filter media right beside the pump. I set it there last night. I see micro bubbles in the water following the water flow, so it looks like the pump is taking it up and sending it through the outflow like I want. My main question is I read something about CO2 affecting the BB. Is that a major concern? The tank isn't cycled yet, haven't even started-- been waiting for a few things and figure I don't need a cycled tank to start planting-- so I obviously have time to move it if necessary. I don't know where I would, though. The top is not conducive to having things in the display area lol.

The pic shows the red dot where the diffuser is currently placed for those who like visuals. The pump is literally right beside it.

Co2 affecting the BB should not really be a concern. Lots of people run co2 into their filter without harming the bacteria population.

Back
Top Bottom