Co2 quiston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyb1290

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I was wondering if eny one has or use Aquarium CO2 Combo Regulator & pH Controller Kit and if so is it worth getting or is there something Cheeper

You can use a drop checker to monitor co2 levels in your tank. If your regulator is equiped with a solenoid then you can just use a timer to turn on, and shut of your co2 supply. A ph controller is not really necessary. IMO. I have my lights, and co2 on separate timers. The co2 comes on about 1 hr. after the lights, and goes off about 1 hr. before the lights.

Ok I'm just trying to find a co2 kit for cheep and I don't have the attention span to find all the parts to put one to gether do you have eny ideas where to look to get a cheep one

If your tank is smaller you can do a DIY co2 reactor. Its basically a yeast, sugar, baking soda combination mixed in a 2 ltr. bottle. It is diffused into the tank with basic airline tubing. Very cheap to make.

That's what i was using in my 10 but I have moved up to a 40b don't really want to mess with trying to get my amounts of ever thang at this point

I pieced my unit together; just figured that kits are nice but lack in quality (especially in needle valve and bubble counter departments).

I'm using DIY co2 on my 40 long. Using 2 bottle reactor, and difussing it through the venturi on a small powerhead. Works great!! Plenty of co2 for the tank.

I wouldn't mind Finding all the parts but I get side tracked and don't know where to start

Back
Top Bottom