Co2 Regulator - Final Decision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think I have decided on this Milwuakee CO2 regulator with bubble counter. I have seen alot of positive and also negative reviews. Does anyone have experience with this co2 reg? Are there better options?

Thanks

Eric, I use the Aquatek regulator. Mine is the two stage version (adjustable output pressure). Only issue I've had is that sometimes when the power shuts off then comes back on rapidly, it gets stuck off. Not a huge issue, but something to look out for.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Both aquatek and mileuakee regulators are crap. Go with a custom build regulator. Plus aquatek does not make dual stage regs. Idk were that guy got his info from

Fish?are?friends?not?food

I got the information from under my tank... I ordered the Aquatek Premium regulator which is a two stage regulator.

While a custom regulator is probably better quality, it could be outside of the budget for the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok sorry, they may be dual stage but just really bad quality. Plus needle valve is not precise, I'd watch it.

I have the Aquatek aswell. Definitely a good choice for someone on a budget. Never had any problems out of mine besides spending half an hour to fine tune it perfectly to the amount of bubbles I wanted.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have the Aquatek aswell. Definitely a good choice for someone on a budget. Never had any problems out of mine besides spending half an hour to fine tune it perfectly to the amount of bubbles I wanted.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
How long did you have this reg?
And what tank do you use it on

Both aquatek and mileuakee regulators are crap. Go with a custom build regulator. Plus aquatek does not make dual stage regs. Idk were that guy got his info from

Bold statement. Be them cheap in comparison to gla or custom builds. They certainly do the job. I run a premium on a 5# tank. Split to 5bps and 7 bps.. no complaints on my end. Been running around 6 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bold statement. Be them cheap in comparison to gla or custom builds. They certainly do the job. I run a premium on a 5# tank. Split to 5bps and 7 bps.. no complaints on my end. Been running around 6 months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Based on the tanks I've seen you pull off, I trust your judgement and will add that my Aquatek premium is well constructed and I'm liking it thus far.

There's no reason to say something is crap just because it is readily available. We all have to start somewhere and each of us has our own spending limit. So, OP, hopefully you are happy with what you're getting and I wish you luck!

As with any new piece of equipment, I would recommend installing it and monitoring it on your weekend so you can keep an eye on it and fine tune as needed.

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

On the aquatek as well for my 29g. Been running 4 months. Has been able to consistently deliver 1.5 bps. On a separate note, does anyone on AA have any experience using paintball regulators? Saw one on CL and I am wondering if this is a viable option for someone on a budget...

Sent from my SM-P600 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom