CO2 systems and Swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Readingexcalibur said:
Well I don't have a pic of him in my tank, but here is one petsmart was going to kill because he came in on accident. I adopted. I chose to acclimate him to the water over a few days.

Are those argentine swords at the bottom of the container?

Fishandmusic81 said:
Are those argentine swords at the bottom of the container?

Hmmm I don't know, the petsmart container said African sword. This what they look like now. Only took about 3 weeks to get a lot of growth. Especially with the DIY Co2. Moved one from my 20 to my 60 because they won't stop growing. The crayfish actually sits at the base of the sword.

Readingexcalibur said:
Hmmm I don't know, the petsmart container said African sword. This what they look like now. Only took about 3 weeks to get a lot of growth. Especially with the DIY Co2. Moved one from my 20 to my 60 because they won't stop growing. The crayfish actually sits at the base of the sword.

Oh nice they look healthy
I hope my swords grow as quick

Fishandmusic81 said:
Oh nice they look healthy
I hope my swords grow as quick

Have you tried Co2. You can build a DIY system for 10-15 bucks. It wasn't until added it that I saw good growth in about a week.

Readingexcalibur said:
Have you tried Co2. You can build a DIY system for 10-15 bucks. It wasn't until added it that I saw good growth in about a week.

Yeah I've been researching lately to try to build a good system

Fishandmusic81 said:
Yeah I've been researching lately to try to build a good system

If you need some good info, just check the DIY section or planted section of the forum. I used a Pepsi bottle, a Gerber jar, 6 foot of tube, a diffuser I got from petsmart for 4 bucks, 1 cup of sugar, teaspoon of yeast and baking soda. :) I'll quit talking about it tho before this gets moved to the planted forum, lol

Readingexcalibur said:
If you need some good info, just check the DIY section or planted section of the forum. I used a Pepsi bottle, a Gerber jar, 6 foot of tube, a diffuser I got from petsmart for 4 bucks, 1 cup of sugar, teaspoon of yeast and baking soda. :) I'll quit talking about it tho before this gets moved to the planted forum, lol

Lol yeah I've been reading that one
Could you send me a pic of your co2 system though?
Thanks

Fishandmusic81 said:
Lol yeah I've been reading that one
Could you send me a pic of your co2 system though?
Thanks

More than happy to, it'll have to wait until I get home from work. I watch YouTube videos and copies their design. I youtubed "DIY aquarium Co2".

Readingexcalibur said:
More than happy to, it'll have to wait until I get home from work. I watch YouTube videos and copies their design. I youtubed "DIY aquarium Co2".

No problem
And oh okay I'll look up some videos

Back
Top Bottom