CO2 tablets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave88

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone suggest any decent CO2 tablets I can use? Preferably in the UK

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Co2 tablets? Like Alka seltzer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apparently they do. Got them in the lfs but not sure weather to give them ago or save up and buy the system. My plants are dying all the time atm

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

190l trigon

I stand corrected, seems they do have co2 tablets, after a quick read.. you'd probably be better off with excel/metricide or a proper co2 system. Firstly.. the big 3... lighting, co2 and ferts.. and lil brother flow.. what do you have in regards to all that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No it's not equivalent to excel. Don't waste your time with them, go diy, dose excel, or go pressurized. Whichever you choose, consistency is important.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Another thing to consider. When the tabs dissolve properly they will have altered your KH and GH, possibly your pH as well.

The premise is the same as the alkaseltzer. Dry forms of acids and bases that when dissolved in solution (your tank) will react to form salts, h2o, and CO2.

Better off sticking to excel or a pressurized CO2 injection system, adding something that will for sure alter your water chemistry, esp with prolonged use, is to be avoided.

Back
Top Bottom