CO2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grand1011

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 60 tall tank. Ph of 7.6. Kh ^knot 4. Ammonia nitrite are at zero. I don't have a liquid nitrate test but the strips say zero for nitrate, which I don't believe is correct. I want to increase CO2 but I've have been trying for a while with a DIY system with the Hagen elite filter for a diffuser. It seems like nothing I do is decreasing the pH.

About three days ago I added a DIY system to my 10 gallon tank and the pH dropped to 6.4 and KH is 7. I disconnected the diffuser because the concentration if CO2 is very high.

Knowing that, I'm assuming that adding more bottles of yeast solution to the DIY system will help lower the pH but approximately how much more CO2 would I have to add to have a significantly higher CO2 concentration?

Adding oak leaves or driftwood to your tank can also lower pH as they release tannic acid and color the water slightly brown. Or is your main concern with increasing the CO2?

Getting DIY for a tank that big is going to be really hard. You are looking at needing around 4, 2 liters bottles to get enough co2 to make a difference. But I also have to ask why you want to change your PH?

Getting DIY for a tank that big is going to be really hard. You are looking at needing around 4, 2 liters bottles to get enough co2 to make a difference. But I also have to ask why you want to change your PH?

Well I want to see more CO2 and with that comes a lower pH.

Back
Top Bottom