Coldwater tank bit too hot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dunder-head

Aquarium Advice Regular
My coldwater tank is getting a bit too warm in this heat, is there anything i can do to keep it cooler? I cant move the tank anywhere else! I heard that keeping the water moving a bit might help? If so how do i do that?! Cheers :D

Move the tank to a a cooler room, blowing a fan across the top or a chiller are your options.

What fish are in it? What is the temp? What temp are you wanting?

I had to situate my tank right in front of my air conditioner to be able to get it down to 80° in the summer
To increase water flow you could use a power head

There is a little borneo pleco in there, will he be alright? Hot weather is saving me money with my tropicals though, dont have to have the heater on much lol!

Mine did very well in the 150 when I converted it to tropical but couldn't catch him. As long as you just leave it at room temp and keep it well aerated they should all be fine.

Phew! Ive got the filter that came with the tank in it (think its an aqueal?) is there anything that i could get to ensure the water is aerated? The goldfish like the bubbles coming out of the filter at the mo, they like swimming through the stream :D

What size tank is it?
What filter is it exactly and what size tank is it rated 'up to'?

If you have a filter rated for 2-3x the tank's actual volume then I would just buy a strong air pump to run an air stone or two. If you don't have that much filtration I would get that first.

Back
Top Bottom