College Basketball.... Let The Madness Begin!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoppaRyno

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since my beloved KC Royals have just won the World Series, I'm feeling in a sporting mood. And what better way than to start a new thread on a sport my Jayhawks are actually good at.... Basketball! BEWARE OF THE PHOG! Rock Chalk Jayhawk Go KU.

Feel free to post any chatter CBB related you guys would like. Hope to see everyone around. KUs season (exhibition) starts wed at 7c. We've got a tough early schedule game against Michigan State... Gonna be fun.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Go Bucks! I have no idea what to expect out of OSU this season...we're so young. Hopefully Matta will surprise me this season with a top team. I'm hoping that we can go to the tournament and at least go to the Sweet 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is probably the highest preseason ranking for MD that I recall in some time. Been following them since before the Len Bias days. With losses to the NBA for Wisconsin and OSU, they are poised to take the Big10 but they cannot overlook MSU and Indiana. Fear the turtle ?

Trampled by a herd of turtles... Lol. If you guys win the title, that has to be a T- Shirt.

This is probably the highest preseason ranking for MD that I recall in some time. Been following them since before the Len Bias days. With losses to the NBA for Wisconsin and OSU, they are poised to take the Big10 but they cannot overlook MSU and Indiana. Fear the turtle ?

Just looked up Marylands roster and it looks pretty legit, haven't gotten to check schedule yet but player wise a tourney birth looks probable

Just looked up Marylands roster and it looks pretty legit, haven't gotten to check schedule yet but player wise a tourney birth looks probable

They've added to the front count and notable transfers include Robert Carter and Rasheed Sulaimon from Ga Tech and Duke, respectively.
Out of conference contests include GTown, UNC, and UConn.

Notable non-conference games for OSU includes that of UConn, Virginia, Memphis, and Kentucky. If we can win at least half of those, I'll be satisfied.

Notable non-conference games for OSU includes that of UConn, Virginia, Memphis, and Kentucky. If we can win at least half of those, I'll be satisfied.

Kentucky shouldn't be too strong early season because they lost most of their players from last year so that is a winnable game

Yeah we've got MSU 2nd game of the season. Kentucky v. Kansas game later. Im hoping we hear abt diallo's eligibility before the season starts.

Cannot overlook UVA, even without Justin Anderson. Tony Bennett runs a well disciplined, defensive oriented squad each year. I ran into him early in his UVA HC career while he was on a recruiting trip at my son's HS.

NBA side note: Watching the OKC Thunder pummel the WSH Wizards but Jayhawk alum Kelly Oubre Jr getting some PT.

Yup yup.... Oubre's got some work to put in, but he'll blossom. Wiggins up in minnesota has been taking off as well.

Collison got some PT. I did not know he was still playing in the league. I always thought he played with LaFrentz and Pierce (but he was a bit later).
Can't wait until college games get going...

???Opening night! ???
Getting ready to watch several games tonight including MD, Duke, George Wash, Villanova, George Mason, and Kentucky.
Currently watching Colorado at Iowa State.
Always fun to watch games with players I've seen at the HS/AAU level.

Last edited:
Allen fieldhouse is getting hyphy! Rock chalk... Jayhawk... Go KU.

Allen fieldhouse is getting hyphy! Rock chalk... Jayhawk... Go KU.

My son told me that one of his old AAU team mates that plays for American now had to cover former Jayhawk Withey a couple years back. Had his hands full to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom