Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishfighter

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been dosing purple up every day but still not getting much color to spread. What else can I do to put some color in my tank?

If you're using a good reef salt and monitor your levels, purple up isn't going to do anything. It's just concentrated calcium.

If your tank is new, best bet is to wait for coraline to grow. You can always add corals or add some colorful and bright fish. Anthias come to mind.

If you can, buy some fully cured live rock that already has purple on it. This will help get it in there and start to spread out. I used dry rock that I ordered so my tank was white for a long time. After my cycle I started adding coral which came on live rock covered in purple coralline this is when it really started to show up in the tank.

Also I tried purple up, it what the lfs owner suggested lol, did nothing for my tank. In fact I was having issues with my test results being all over the place. I put a stop to adding chemicals and like two weeks later a lot of my problems started to go away.

Back
Top Bottom