Combining 2 fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zappa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 44 gallon tank with 5 neon tetras, 2 regosa, 2 hatchets, a silver dollar, a black skirt tetra and a julie catfish. I also have a 16 gallon tank with 3 upside down catfish which have grown quite large over the past 4 years and 1 yellow gourami. I’m going to put the fish in the 16 gallon into the 44 gallon. Any advise here? I’m a little worried IMG_3841.jpg

About making a change, adding too many fish for the bioload at once, or if the Upside down cats might snack on the Neons, or ???

I would be a bit hesitant with the possible snacking at night on little fish, and they might be fine for a while and then one time it accidentally scoops one up, tastes good, and then it likes to eat them. I once had a large Angelfish, after living with them for a year (of course the fish got bigger...) but then in a week ate half (there were 50-60) of them before I caught him with one in his mouth, tail sticking out!

Back
Top Bottom