Community of Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lgdav

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi!!!.... Do any one of you have a community of Clownfish established in your tank (s)? Just curious.... I have two pairs in my 36 gallon bowfront tank. I was just talking to my hubby about getting one or two more pairs if it's feasible. If not, I'll look into other types of fish for my little aquascape. I have up to 12 inches more of fish that I can place in the tank.

Thanks!

Inch per gallon rule doesn't really apply to saltwater, considering some fish are open water swimmers and need a ton of room.
When it comes to clownfish, it is difficult to keep more than a pair in a small tank due to aggression. Some have been successful with a harem style sort of deal, but they were all really small and added at the same time. Adding more clowns would be deadly to the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I remember going to the aquarium of the pacific and seeing a tank with a couple dozen ocellaris clowns. I would not advise doing this in a home aquarium mainly due to potential aggression issues.

Thank you, all, for your advice! I will certainly keep searching for what else I can add to my tank. I know I want to add a tile starfish and a couple of sea urchins. I would like to add no more than 5 fishes but I guess I have to do more research on that! ;)

Back
Top Bottom