Community puffer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

P8ntballer52

Aquarium Advice Regular
so i was at a local fish store today and they have puffer fish im not 100% sure on there name i know its a columbian something or other.

there selling them as a community fish. however i have never seen a community puffer before. would love more info on them

Yeah south american puffers are the only species of puffers that are "loosely" schooling fish. They are better off being in a school and become skittish when there are only 1-2 of them in a tank. The more, the better. SAPs are pure freshwater puffers.

I do not agree about them being "community fish". Species only tank is recommended. Other fish that get in their way will get nipped because SAPs are highly active.

If you're in Oregon, then you probably found some at Wet Spot Tropical Fish. I heard many good things about this place and find many of their puffers on Aquabid. For the price of $15, I would like to drive from Seattle to Portland to buy some SAPs for a 100g tank.

Back
Top Bottom