Compatible critter advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaotic_reefer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've read that chocolate chip star fish are bad for the reefs and coral, I haven't had any issues ever with him bugging anything other than my zao's, anyways
Would it be alright to stick the star in my new nano 15 gallon cube, I say new but it's been up and running for a few months and totally healthy, I have a couple other reef tanks that are bigger, I currently only have a emerald crab, a medium sized healthy bubble tip anemone, and like 40 green mushrooms "all on superstar rocks"

I guess my question is will the star damage my bubble tip, because he's my prize coral at the moment lol, I don't care much for the mushrooms but if I can prevent them from being eaten away I'd like to

Has anyone else had stars with coral and gotten good results

Also, I very very rarely spot feed my chocolate starfish with misis in a small separate tank, just for about 30 minutes then I return him to the big tank, I do this like once a month because I hate letting things grow on my glass and apparently he likes eating that growth, is this alright to do

I'm so confused lol, all website are giving me mixed answers, help me please [emoji23]

All the critters I listed are in the new nano, I have a lot of like to introduce to the small tank but I know I'm limited severely, im in love with the bubble tip and he is basically alone in the tank, I do not want it to get eaten or bothered even, is the starfish a bad idea for my nano?

I figured so, didn't have big plans on adding anything small, are there any corals aside from zaos and tiny things that I should keep out? I had a small clown and he began hosting the anemone well, but a week after he started he died and disappeared, obviously the anemone ate him, I'm wondering if he was too young for such a big anemone, I couldn't get him to eat at all for some reason, I've never had an issue with clowns, and that was the first hosting pair I've managed to accomplish, yougot amy helpful tips on this for me? I'm very into the clown/anemone hosting scene but I'm super new to it, I've just recently started attempting it this year and have had ups and downs, are there any really specific things I'm missing? It seems as if one or the other always dies on me :/

An anemone wouldn't have eaten a healthy fish. The fish was simply sick and was most likely cleaned up by your clean up crew...aka the starfish.
The starfish isn't into eating small things, it will eat soft corals.
Anemone will allow clowns to host, but that doesn't mean that a clown will have any interest in displaying the behavior.

I would be afraid of him starving as a 15g tank he wont find much to eat after he makes his first round around the tank

What if spot feed weekly? Little morsels to hold him over aside from glass build up?

Back
Top Bottom