Completely rid my tank of ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also treat my fish with hypo for 4 weeks before they go to the display . For the inverts l set up 10 plastic cups with new saltwater in them . Start them all in the first cup for a few minutes and transfer them thru all the cups before you put them in . Any parasite should be washed off by the time they are transfered thru the first half of the cups and they should be pest free . Kinda OCD lol but it works .

So tempted to start raising the salinity in the QT and get my fish back to their home, they're stressed in the QT because of space and the water bill is going to be crazy. I'm on metered water and I'm doings 80 litre water change every day. Not mentioning the 3 buckets of salt I've gone though in the last 3 and a bit weeks!

It will be week 4 this Sunday but hypo will only have been going for 2.5 weeks. Difficult to know if there is any leeway. If it wasn't for the powder blue I would go for it but being ich magnets its too risky.

I see no visible signs of ich and haven't done for over a week now yet the PBT still 'flashes' as if it is irritated. Could this be ich deep in its gills or do they do this for other reasons?

Back
Top Bottom