Condy help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stusclan

Aquarium Advice Activist
At Petco getting dogfood, I ventured into their fish area. They have a condy for $5.00. I'm tempted to go back and save the little guy, but my tank is only 8 months old, and I know nothing about anemone's since I didn't think I was ready.

Should I go back and get him, and if so, help me know what to do for him when I get him home.

55gal., Coralife lunar lights 4 x 65, 80 lbs lr., 3"sand bed, Aqua C Remora, Fluval 404 filled with lr rubble, 3 power heads, (total 770 gph).
Fred and Ethel (percula), yellow tang, yellow tail blue damsel, pyro the firefish. Assorted hermits and snails. Pepperment shrimp x 3. Sally Jesse Grabial (Sally lightfoot).
Xenia, frogspawn frag. And last but not least - the creature that doesn't come out from the rock, but his feathery tentacles feed him once a day.
Terry

I dont know , if u lik condy's Go For It :D But it might not host ur clownfish and they move alot , but why Petco ? why would they have anemonies?

Not looking for a clown host - these are tank raised so they don't need an anemone. Why Petco - ours carries sw fish and other things. I don't usually buy fish supplies from them, but this one needs rescueing. I don't know if I like condys, that's why I asked. I'm new at reefing, and usually ask questions before buying. I'm trying to get opinions as to whether this might be a viable member of my tank - and how to take care of it if I decide to buy it.

i have a condy that i bought on an impulse. dont get me wrong, i love it, its beautiful, but i hate how much it moves! i swear it moves all over the tank just so it can sting any new growth that spurts from my rock! And even though its beautiful most of the time, sometimes its all curled up and green and gross looking, which is normal behavior, but it makes my tank look like its dying! Its completely up to you, but i wish i hadnt gotten mine. Im so scared to buy any corals for fear of them being stung to death by it! :oops:

but every person is different and if your really want it and your tank can support it, go for it! its pretty hardy too, even when i slack on water changes and the nitrates get a bit high, its still happy as a lark!

Thanks mle - you gave me the info I was looking for. I didn't know that they like to sting everything in sight. Since I'm just beginning to add corals, I don't want to add anything that will hurt them. Maybe that is why it was in its own tank and only $5. I think I'll pass on this one. I appreciate the help.

glad i could help! good luck with your corals! i just wish i had been smart like you and had done my research before i bought mine! Thats a mistake i wont make again!

I made too many costly mistakes at the beginning when I was changing my tank from fw to reef. I'm doing this slow, and trying :lol: not to jump into things without asking questions.
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom