Congratulations to our newest Mentor - Purrbox!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am pleased to announce that Purrbox has returned to the Aquarium Advice Mentor group! We are all happy that she has returned to the group after a brief absence. Purrbox has provided invaluable assistance in the Planted Tank forums and has contributed an in-depth article covering all aspects of planted tank setup and care. Please join me in congratulating Purrbox on her Mentor status!

Not quite. I used to be a mentor. Took a few months off from the forum during which time I also ceased being a mentor. Once I returned to the forum I took a few weeks to ensure that I was going to be sticking around before finally giving in to An t-iasg about considering becoming a mentor again.

Below I've tried to give an overview of the various roles on Aquarium Advice. I might be slightly off on some of the rights of each group, but it should give you a pretty good idea of the difference between Admins, Moderators, and Mentors.

Mentors are members of the forum that have demonstrated that they are knowlegable about the hobby. They take an active role helping out other members to get started, figure out problems, etc. They do not have any sort of administrative authority on the forum (can't move threads, split posts, merge posts, deal with spammers, etc.), but because they take on the role of helping to ensure that the questions are getting answers they do free up the moderators and admins to spend more time on those adminstrative tasks.

Moderators are the ones that make sure that things keep running, by keeping things in order, reminding members to act within the forum guidelines, moving threads to the appropriate location if posted in the wrong forum, etc.

The Admins are the owners of the forum. They are the ones that get into the guts of the code and provide us with all the enhancements to the software, take care of viruses, ban users that act inappropriately, etc.

You are a true treasure to this or any forum you choose to grace with your presence. You are to me the heart and spirit of what AA is about, and what drew me here in the first place. Welcome back Joy.:):)

...members of the forum that have demonstrated that they are knowlegable about the hobby. They take an active role helping out other members to get started, figure out problems, etc..they take on the role of helping to ensure that the questions are getting answers...

This is you to a "T"!

Thank you again personally for your help in anwering mine (and many others) questions! You're truly an asset to AA.

Joy will always be my mentor.........if she types it you can be sure it will be informative, helpful, and accurate. Welcome back to where you belong Joy. :)

I just wanted to chime in since Purrbox has personally given me some much needed help. Like others have said, you are not only extremely knowledgeable but you explain things in a way that is easy for anyone to understand. You do not become impatient with silly questions (like mine about using polyfiber from home depot for filter media, LOL!).

This is what makes you stand out in this forum of over 15,000 people. Keep up the good work on these forums and in your tanks!

-Steve

Back
Top Bottom