Contest Tanks Posted!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The 2004 AquaBotanic Contest tanks have been posted!!! The winner was Oliver Knott (known to many simply as 'plantella') I saw this amazing tank a month or two ago listed as the tank of the month on a different website. There are only a small handful of compositions in this years AB contest that i wouldn't call awe-inspiring, but the rest are the best of the best, IMO. Hopefully after studying these tank, you will become as inspired as I am. It really is stunning to see such creativity and beautiful artwork pouring out from around the world. enjoy!

http://www.aquabotanic.com/contest2004/

very true. most of the amano tanks were quite small as well, but his usage of small fish and small-leaf plants created the illusion of greater space. still, it takes an enormous amount of talent to create any kind of aquascape....

if any of you are interested in the winner, his website is www.plantella.com it's really amazing and quite informative. most of the tanks have a series of pictures that show how he set them up, then photos every couple of weeks.

the tanks that have really inspired me are Seah Ming Chuen's series utilizing bolbitis, java fern, anubias, moss, etc. i think the judging on them was accurate, but what can i say..i'm a sucker for the "all green" look!

Back
Top Bottom