Convict

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vwgolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok just got one convict in a 29 gal. With a upside down catfish when I got my convict he was black and now is gray with stipes coming back slowly.why was he black and now not? Sorry first convict owner

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you just add it to the tank? It could be stress from transport. Give it a day or two and the black coloration should return.

Ok thanks we will see .

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Aquarium Advice mobile app

convicts will fade from grey to black depending on mood. You will see this through out its life. Color of substrate makes a difference also darker the substrate the darker he will be. Enjoy your con they are great fish.

convicts will fade from grey to black depending on mood. You will see this through out its life. Color of substrate makes a difference also darker the substrate the darker he will be. Enjoy your con they are great fish.

Lighting as well as the color/density of the hardscape/plants will also play a major roll in the intensity of the color of a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lighting as well as the color/density of the hardscape/plants will also play a major roll in the intensity of the color of a fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very True.

Back
Top Bottom