Cooking spray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobby56

Aquarium Advice Freak
I heard somewhere that u could use cooking spray to put on a background? And if doesn't work what would be a good alternative?

I have seen baby oil suggested as well as cooking oils. It doesn't have to be spray-on, although the spray would be easier. I would use the cooking oils over baby oil just for safety reasons.

mohican said:
Just tape the background.

If you use an 'adhesive', the background is about, oh, a million times brighter and clearer. Take a corner of yours and put a splash of water between it and the glass and you'll see the difference.

Super_Blueberry said:
If you use an 'adhesive', the background is about, oh, a million times brighter and clearer. Take a corner of yours and put a splash of water between it and the glass and you'll see the difference.

Yeah that's why I didn't want to do that it doesn't look that good

Bobby56 said:
Yeah that's why I didn't want to do that it doesn't look that good

The background is really bright when u use adhesive, and I really don't want to paint my tank

Just my preference I used oils glues just about anything I could and it didnt work for me had air bubbles, depends on what color u paint ur tank looks great and it's easy brings out all the colors and brightens up the tank no air bubbles nothing but just my preference

Ya no matter what I tried I still had air bubbles that's y I painted mine it was the best thing I ever did its brighter in the tank now and it just looks great and really easy

Back
Top Bottom